In addition to the Board of Directors, ABCK has standing committees. Each standing committee maintains a minimum of three members and shall have a Board of Directors Member as its Chairman. The committees are listed below along with its Chairman and responsibilities:
Policy Committee – Chairman: Oswaldo Rueda
- To establish and maintain the general policies, and procedures for the ABCK and for the conduct of its business and activities.
- To investigate the details regarding any petition for the removal of a Board of Directors Member, and to make a recommendation regarding the disposition of such petition.
- To investigate and adjudicate complaints of any nature from the membership of the ABCK , and to make recommendation to the Board of Directors, as necessary, for the disposition of the same.
- To maintain a written record of its activities.
Election Committee – Chairman: Oswaldo Rueda
- To receive and review applicants for ABCK Board of Directors vacancies. Applicants to be ABCK members in good standing a minimum of two months prior to ABCK Board of Directors elections in May each year.
- To post candidates’ bio on the ABCK website one month prior to elections in May each year.
- To arrange the schedule for candidates’ speeches during the May General Election meeting.
- To ensure that a “secret” ballot is maintained.
- To certify the final voting results.
- To issue a certification of the candidates’ final votes cast, including the absentee ballots.
Budget Committee – Chairman: Alok Chugh
- To establish, and maintain the budget for the ABCK
- To monitor the budget against actual income and expenses, and to report at least quarterly to the Board of Directors regarding the same.
- To present to the Board of Directors for review and approval an annual budget that covers the anticipated financial activities of the ABCK for the coming year, together with the committee’s recommendations regarding the same.
- To maintain the books and records regarding the budget.
Membership Committee – Chairman: Jack Montgomery
- To coordinate efforts to establish and maintain the membership of the ABCK
- To maintain the membership records.
- To recommend for consideration by the Board of Directors, policy regarding membership.
- To establish and maintain member benefits.
Nominating Committee – Chairman: Fred Shuaibi
- The Chairman shall appoint a Nominating Committee of not less than five (5) but not more than nine (9) voting members of the Chapter, and shall designate one member of the Nominating Committee as its Chairman.
- The Chairman of the Election committee shall also be a member of the Nomination Committee in an advisory capacity only.
- No candidate standing for election shall serve on the Nominating Committee.
Support Kuwait Liaison – Chairman: Hasan AlMatrouk
- To identify internal (inside Kuwait) issues of interest to the ABCK membership, and to inform the Board of Directors and, as appropriate, members regarding the details of such issues and/or the action required or recommended.
- To present to the Board of Directors, as appropriate, recommendations regarding the official position of the ABCK on such issues, and any official actions needed.
- To seek guidance and direction from the Board of Directors in all actions or activities that may reflect upon the ABCK.
- To liaison with the Kuwait Chamber of Commerce, the United States Embassy in Kuwait, the Kuwaiti Government, and/or any other entities, as necessary, to promote or maintain the best interest of the ABCK.
- To maintain the books and records regarding such its activities.
Strategic Planning – Chairman: Jared Willis
- To establish and maintain the strategic plan for the ABCK. Such plan should project the activities and strategies of the ABCK at least 3 years into the future.
- To recommend from time to time to the Executive Board, changes to the strategic plan.
- To monitor the progress regarding plan elements, and to report to the Board of Directors at least quarterly regarding the same.
- To maintain the books and records regard the strategic plan.
External Issues – Chairman: Fred Shuaibi
- To identify external (outside Kuwait) issues of interest to the ABCK membership, and to inform the Board of Directors, and as appropriate, the members regarding the details of such issues and/or the action required or recommended.
- To present to the Board of Directors, as appropriate, recommendations regarding the official position of the ABCK on such issues.
- To liaison with the Middle East Council of the American Chambers of Commerce (MECACC) in its activities and programs.
- To liaison with US Chamber of Commerce (USCOC) and other special interest groups or organizations located outside of Kuwait where such may result in direct or indirect benefit to the ABCK membership.
Program and Events– Chairman: Pete Swift
- To plan and coordinate the programs and events of the ABCK, and, as necessary, to present the same for approval by the Board of Directors.
- To establish and maintain the master calendar of events for the ABCK, and to ensure that this calendar is available to the general membership of the ABCK.
- To recommend for consideration by the Board of Directors, policy regarding programs and events.
Audit– Chairman: Abdulaziz Alothman
- To arrange for and oversee an annual external independent audit of the financial books and records of the ABCK.
- To recommend to the Board of Directors for approval the external independent auditor.
- To review the results of the annual external independent audit, and to make recommendations as appropriate to the Board of Directors.
- To annually conduct an internal audit of the ABCK.
- To identify any potential problem areas or issues that may exist with the structure, activities, policies or procedures of the ABCK, the failure of which to resolve could create potential risk to the ABCK.
- To report the results of such internal audit, together with recommendations, to the Board of Directors.
- To maintain the books and records regarding both the internal and external independent audit.
Feel free to contact members of the Board of Directors if you would like to join one or more of the below Focus Groups.
HR & Training – Jack Montgomery
Defense, Safety and Security – Gary Menke
Bankin and Insurance – Nawras Alssaad
Infrastructure and Transportation – Oswaldo Rueda
Environment, Oil and Gas – Fred Shuaibi
Infrastructure and Transportation – Pete Swift
Education, Health – Dr. Juliet Dinkha